Ardingly Riding Club Teams have had great success at both Area and BRC Championship competitions. We are always looking for new members at any level to join one of our teams.
Team competitions range from Dressage to Horse Trials. There is something to suit everyone. If you are interested in being on a team, here is what is involved:
- Your horse MUST have an up to date flu vaccination, the last of which not to have been in the week prior to competition. This will be checked by a Club Official and by an Area Official at the qualifier. You can check if your vaccinations meet the regulations with the Flu Vaccination Checker.
- Ultimately it is your responsibility to ensure that you and your horse are eligible for any particular team, so please check CR Appendix 2 and 3 of the British Riding Clubs Handbook, which you can view by clicking the link.
- Riding Hats/Body Protectors MUST be worn. This is a requirement from BRC. Standard details are listed in British Riding Club Information & Forms or on the BRC Website.
- You can only compete for one riding club in any year.
- Subsidised Team Training will be offered.
- Horses or Ponies must be turned out smartly and correctly at Area Qualifiers and Championships. Manes must be plaited for Dressage and for the Dressage phase of Horse Trials.
- The club funds all preliminary entry fees to BRC for a qualifying event. You have to pay the team/individual entry fee for qualifiers. Should you be successful, the club fund your entry fee to BRC National Championships.
- In order to enter a team at an Area Qualifier, the club has to provide 2 helpers to help at the qualifier.
In order to do this we run events throughout the year to raise funds. All that we ask in return is that you give up some of your time to help at one of our Ardingly Riding Club events and to also volunteer to help at an Area 13 Qualifier if you are not competing so that other members of the club can compete.
If you are interested in riding for one of our teams, please contact Allison Ingram: email@example.com
Area 13 Qualifier Dates can be found here.
Allison Ingram is usually our Team Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison will contact you close to each event to inform you of start times and other arrangements.